Counting all God's gifts...

Friday, April 30, 2010

Child-like Faith


34)My children showing me what child-like faith really looks like!

My youngest, who is 4, woke up today feeling sad. She went to bed sad, too. So this morning she said to me, "Can I pray to God to take away my sadness." Of course, we sit and I say words that would be easy for a 4 year old understand and really mean.

"Dear Lord, thank You that You know my heart. Take away my sadness, and fill my heart with joy. Help me to have a good day today."

So simple. And afterwards, she was happy. So, I prayed a similar prayer for myself. If my 4 year old can trust that Jesus will fill heart with joy, I should, too.

35)Tiny hands helping

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, Melinda. The faith of a child is so precious, and they set such an inspiring example for us to follow.

    Thanks also for your comments on my blog. It is amazing how God can use the gift of writing as an effective outlet for our troubles. Like you shared, I wrote pages and pages of poems to God as I poured out what I was going through. And He listened, and He helped, just like David did with the Psalms.

    And I too am only here today because of His grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peter for the comment. I learn so much from children, and God has used them countless times to show me how my relationship with Him is.

    ReplyDelete